Various online stores in the UK are now listing pre-orders for the DVD and Blu Ray editions of Parade’s End, the upcoming five part First World War miniseries from the BBC and HBO starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Rebecca Hall. The series has a current home video release date of October 1 2012 (subject to change) which suggests a broadcast date of September 2012.
We’ve included the links to both versions from the sites below, as well as shipping information to see if they deliver to your region.
Please note as well the DVD will be encoded in Region 2 [UK, Europe] and while the Blu Ray will likely be region free it will be subject to 1080i 50hz encoding, which renders the disc unplayable on NTSC based players from Panasonic and Sony, including the Playstation 3, in regions including the United States. We recommend checking your player manual or checking you player model on Google for compatibility before ordering.
The BBC Shop also includes this full synopsis for the mini-series:
Acclaimed screenwriter Sir Tom Stoppard and director Susanna White bring Ford Madox Ford’s remarkable story of love and betrayal in Edwardian England to life in this landmark production.
Rebecca Hall and Benedict Cumberbatch star in this story of a destructive love triangle set against the dying years of the Edwardian era and the First World War.
As the comfortable certainties of Edwardian England give way to chaos and destruction, English aristocrat Christopher Tietjens finds himself marrying Sylvia, a beautiful but cruel socialite who is pregnant with a child who may or may not be his.
Christopher is determined to remain loyal to his wife despite her string of infidelities, but his life is transformed the day he meets Valentine Wannop, a fearless young suffragette.
Christopher is immediately captivated by Valentine, but his commitment to traditional Edwardian values means that he will not divorce his wife – even when Sylvia leaves him for her latest conquest, ‘Potty’ Perowne.
To the horror of his best friend, the critic Vincent Macmaster, Christopher agrees to take Sylvia back when she tires of Perowne, but their marriage remains an unhappy one. As war breaks out across Europe, will Christopher finally confess his love for Valentine?
Woven through this central love triangle are the personal stories of a kaleidoscope of characters whose lives are touched by the outbreak of war: Father Consett, a Catholic priest fighting for Irish independence; the married Edith Duchemin, who begins an affair with Macmaster; and Valentine’s family, who are persecuted for their pacifist stance.
Moving from the glittering yet shallow world of London high society to the trench-scarred battlefields of France; from the bustling streets of Paris to the rich sweep of the English countryside, Parade’s End is the story of one of the defining eras of the last century; a time when old certainties are being torn down and lives are changed forever.
- theendoftheparade reblogged this from sherlockology
- pasacali reblogged this from cheekbonesofbenny
- belovedmuerto reblogged this from sherlockology
- the-consulting-whovian reblogged this from cheekbonesofbenny
- sabriel87 reblogged this from sherlockology
- gonesherlocking likes this
- fucketybye reblogged this from cheekbonesofbenny
- consultingnargles reblogged this from cheekbonesofbenny
- wellthentherulesare-wrong likes this
- almamatsu likes this
- the-polish-capital reblogged this from cheekbonesofbenny
- cheekbonesofbenny reblogged this from sherlockology
- cheekbonesofbenny likes this
- belovedmuerto likes this
- badwolfcrackintime likes this
- imjohnlocked reblogged this from sherlockology
- imjohnlocked likes this
- redandbluebowties likes this
- off-to-rivendell likes this
- julyzhou reblogged this from sherlockology
- hunger54evil likes this
- klokwerk likes this
- hpuklondon22 likes this
- clock-watcher likes this
- death-frisbee reblogged this from sherlockology
- hottsyforpottsy likes this
- maraschinocherie likes this
- allthestarsinallthegalaxies likes this
- newshortcakeyard reblogged this from sherlockology
- ckerky reblogged this from yakisobaru
- shubhangikarmakar likes this
- emmalovecat likes this
- patychan likes this
- failwithconsequence likes this
- tituswayne reblogged this from sherlockology
- yakisobaru reblogged this from floopowderchristmastroy
- yakisobaru likes this
- floopowderchristmastroy reblogged this from sherlockology and added:
- vvellingtons likes this
- jomiewolf reblogged this from sherlockology
- veritas-aequitas-victoria likes this
- sherlybenny likes this
- curekitty likes this
- wearydress likes this
- zozelby likes this
- sweetmarivictory reblogged this from sherlockology
- sweetmarivictory likes this
- kizu666 reblogged this from sherlockology
- kizu666 likes this