Instructions to recreate the origami lotus prop used in SHERLOCK
The beautiful origami lotus is much simpler than it looks and will look identical to the actual prop used! In our ten easy steps below we will show you how to recreate your very own SHERLOCK prop from episode two of series one; THE BLIND BANKER.
It will be easier for you to recreate the lotus flower if you use real origami paper, as it is more flexible than regular paper, as step 7 (see below) can sometimes make the paper rip if it is too brittle.
Genuine origami paper should be available at your local craft shop or you find it easily online. Of course to make it really authentic, don’t forget to buy the black variety!
1. Start with white side up. Fold diagonally both ways and open.
2. Fold each corner into the centre.
3. Fold each corner into the centre once again.
4. For a third time, fold each corner into the centre.
5. Turn model over and fold each corner into the centre.
6. Fold each corner inwards a small amount.
7. To form the petals, press down on the point shown, while slowly pulling the petal from behind, to the front. It’s almost like turning the corner ‘inside out’. Repeat on all corners.
8. The second set of petals are formed the same way, but the corner from the point shown.
9. The third set doesn’t need to be turned ‘inside out’, just folded normally from below the first set.
10. And now you have your finished Black Lotus flower, just like the one in the episode THE BLIND BANKER
For a printable pdf version of the lotus instructions, you can download it here.
N.B. You will need Adobe Reader installed on your computer in order to open the .pdf file. You can get Adobe Reader here.
- the-avengers-have-the-phonebox likes this
- shopiebear likes this
- shopiebear reblogged this from sherlockology
- ongaku-aishite likes this
- the-avengers-have-the-phonebox reblogged this from sherlockology
- notwithoutasmile reblogged this from heydisasteraverted
- notwithoutasmile likes this
- heydisasteraverted reblogged this from sherlockology
- consultingkitty reblogged this from sherlockology
- weaselondrugs reblogged this from sherlockology
- baconator5000 likes this
- iamthewalrus24 likes this
- iamthewalrus24 reblogged this from sherlockology
- queenofpyke likes this
- musicbooksandotherstuff likes this
- reborn-in-flame likes this
- adinfinitum00 likes this
- horan-jump likes this
- thedalekat221b reblogged this from sherlockology
- hitler-in-the-cupboard likes this
- thedragonflystorm reblogged this from sherlockology
- axalotls likes this
- insert-original-name-here reblogged this from sherlockology
- illanabehir likes this
- archellacentral likes this
- o-jala likes this
- terrorist-of-fantasy likes this
- the-loony-prancer-prince likes this
- the-fan-who-waited likes this
- autumnsusefulthings reblogged this from sherlockology
- overtherainbowwithdumbledore reblogged this from sherlockology
- bangiebangs reblogged this from sherlockology
- bangiebangs likes this
- theuniversekey likes this
- 16mortmain reblogged this from sherlockology
- 16mortmain likes this
- dancingpotato787 likes this
- keepthesun likes this
- for-ever-running-away reblogged this from sherlockology
- accio-damian likes this
- cigarettesanddaydreams likes this
- pilot-fish reblogged this from atidbitofwit
- pilot-fish likes this
- this-is-not-my-real-name reblogged this from oftigersandmagpies
- jjjennnnnnn likes this
- proudtobeahyperactive-asian likes this
- elsen-butts reblogged this from oftigersandmagpies
- elsen-butts likes this
- thememorybungalow likes this
- guts-desu reblogged this from oftigersandmagpies