So I’ve been making these paper figures for myself for a while (they’re lining the walls of my studio), and I thought I’d make them available to everyone else. For free. Every Monday. Print the figures out yourself on your own printer, or you can take them to your local print shop (that’s what I do) for the best quality.
I figured I’d start with a set of figures from the BBC show SHERLOCK, given that if it weren’t for that marvelous show I probably wouldn’t be on tumblr in the first place.
I don’t usually do backgrounds for these, but this set comes with a Baker Street diorama, because come on, Baker Street.
Anyway, click here to download the print file. It’s a little shy of 27MB, which isn’t HUGE, but it’s probably better suited to a laptop or a desktop than a phone. If you want to get OTHER paper figure sets, just go to the paper figure page at CroganAdventures.com and pick out the set(s) you want (more of these will pop up each Monday, so check back each week or follow to see what’s new).
I want as many folks as possible who might enjoy these to see ‘em. So I’m doing a
Since this is the first of what’ll be lots and lots of these sets, I’m gonna make this contest a BIG one. THREE winners!
• First Prize: A professionally printed set of the Sherlock figures, a set of my Arthur Conan Doyle stories Sherlock Holmes figures, and AN ORIGINAL PAPER FIGURE OF YOUR CHOICE THAT I WILL DRAW JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT IT. Maybe you’ll want a portrait of yourself in a London constable outfit so that you can hang out in Baker Street with the others. Maybe you want red pants John. Maybe you want the hound. Maybe you want something entirely unrelated to Sherlock, like the janitor from Scrubs or Totoro. So long as I consider it within the bounds of good taste (I do make all ages comics, after all), it’s your call. You’ll get the digital file, a professionally printed copy, AND the original art. Usually I charge eighty bucks for one of these, so that’s a real steal!
• Second Prize: A professionally printed set of the Sherlock figures, a set of my Arthur Conan Doyle stories Sherlock Holmes figures
• Third Prize: A set of my Arthur Conan Doyle stories Sherlock Holmes figures
And, because it’s important to share, whomever the winners reblogged from will ALSO receive the same prize as their follower winner! (winners who reblog from themselves only get one prize, and there’s no additional prize if you reblog directly from me)
• likes aren’t eligible, ONLY reblogs.
• You can reblog as often as you like, but Tumblr only shows your most recent reblog, so you’ll only show up once. Sorry. Tumblr’s doing, not mine.
• You don’t have to follow me to win, but I’ll be doing contests like this fairly regularly and posting new figures along with occasional contest updates, so it might be an easy way to keep up.
• I’m lousy with numbers, so no spreadsheets or anything like that for me, because if I tried it I’d end up leaving people off. I’m going to use a random number generator (random.org) to pick a number. If that number happens to be a reblog, it wins! If it’s a like, I pick another random number, and repeat ‘til there’s a winner. I’ll do third place first, then second, then first.
• The winners will be chosen at 4am Eastern Time early on Saturday, September 29th. I’ll be helping to run the SCAD-Atlanta 24-hour comics event, so there will be plenty of witnesses on hand and we’ll make a big to-do about it. Obviously, no reblogs after 4am Eastern on September 29th will be eligible.
• If this reaches 5K notes, I’ll add another prize. Something fun.
As always, art collectors can find the originals on my original art page.