Sherlock Holmes Fans Break All Publishing Records - Again.
The worldwide popularity of Sherlock Holmes has been proved once again by a group of 40 volunteer translators who have, in record time, helped create 7 new language versions of the groundbreaking book ‘Sherlock’s Home, The Empty House’. The new versions were released on Amazon UK this week [click here] following an intense few months of translations - funded by fans through a project on Kickstarter.
The original English language book broke all sorts of records last year when it was created to raise awareness for the Save Undershaw campaign (please visit and ‘like’ their Facebook Page), which is working to save the former home of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (ACD). Without Undershaw, where ACD brought Holmes back to life and where he wrote classics like The Hound of The Baskervilles, many argue there would be no Sherlock Holmes today. Can you image life without BBC Sherlock for example?
The original book:
- was produced by Sherlockology and MX Publishing within 4 weeks
- had entries from over 300 writers/actors/fans from around the world to select from, with 40 stories/poems/writings being selected
- Has contributions from Holmes actors Stephen Fry, Mark Gatiss, Douglas Wilmer and many more
- Was the first time permission has been given for all 4 major actors to appear on a book cover. Benedict Cumberbatch sitting alongside other Holmes legends like Jeremy Brett
- Made the deadline for the appearance in the High Court to fight the destruction of the house by less than 24 hours - the books were delivered the afternoon before
The book represents the passion and support that Sherlock Holmes fans have for the author and the important building which they want to see as a legacy for future generations of Holmes fans.
Everyone involved should be truly proud of the project which will create awareness for Save Undershaw for years to come. A huge thank-you to all involved. Please share this news far and wide.